Custom Paint by Numbers Kit
Get Your Second Custom Kit 30% Off!
Use Code BOGO30 at Checkout.
Our custom paint by numbers kits are the perfect way to capture a memory. We can take your high-resolution photograph and create a numbered canvas that is simple and fun to paint with our premixed paints. Impress yourself and others with our custom paint by numbers canvas kits that create a gorgeous finished project!
If you're looking for a meaningful present to offer to your loved ones, your friends, or colleagues, our custom paint by number kits will make it memorable when you turn a photo into a painting!
A Wonderful Gift for Any Occasion
Whether you plan to give a gift of a finished painting or give a personalized paint by numbers kit to a creative loved one, you’re sure to hit the nail on the head for the occasion. A beautiful wedding photo, a family picture, a portrait of a beloved pet, or a landscape from a cherished vacation spot all make excellent subject matter for paint by numbers. Your gift will show just how much thought and effort you put into making an occasion something special to be remembered. We also offer Canvas by Numbers gift cards that give your recipient complete creative choice when picking out a custom paint by numbers kit.
Custom Kit Details
Custom Kit Details
Your Custom Canvas by Numbers kit include the following:
- Pre-printed numbered 100% finely woven cotton blend canvas—great pigment absorption and easy to color. The canvas comes rolled in a protective tube to arrive in perfect condition with zero creases.
- Numbered acrylic-based paint set. No mix required, non-toxic, and environmentally responsible. Safe for kids and pregnancy.
- Set of 3x standard paint brushes (1x small, 1x medium, 1x large).
- Hanging kit, including 2x screws and 2x non-track hooks.
- Protective box for the pre-stretched kit, safe for transit, and ideal for a gift.
- Reference print with the color key and black and white print of the canvas lines and numbers.
- Directions sheet.
You can buy your Custom Canvas By Numbers Kit without a frame, with DIY Frame, or Framed.
- No Frame: the canvas ships rolled in a protective tube. No frame is included.
- DIY Frame: the canvas ships rolled in a protective tube and four pine wood stretcher bars. Easy to mount within minutes! You can watch the video in step 3 of our paint by numbers guide.
- Framed: the canvas is already stretched on the frame. Ready to paint & hang. Ships in a protective box with several layers of bubble wrap.
Please read carefully all the items below before placing your order:
• Make sure to read the guidelines in the "Recommendations" tab to upload a suitable picture. The quality of the custom painting depends on the quality of the image provided. The closer it follows our recommendations, the better.
We will process the image you send to us, so make sure it ticks all the boxes! Unfortunately, due to demand, we cannot check image per image email each customer back. Feel free to reach out to us with your image before placing your order.
• Please allow 3-5 business days for us to produce your custom kit plus shipping. These are very labor-intensive to design and are just crafted for you! You will find all the relevant information in the "shipping times" tab.
• NEW!! Premium custom kit available. Up to 48 colors!
1 - Pick a high-resolution image
The quality of your photo will greatly affect your custom painting result. The image resolution depends on how many dpi (dots per inch) it has. What is DPI, and why is it important? If an image has 300 dots per inch (dpi), that means that there is a lot of detail or information within that 1 square inch, while an image that has only 72 dpi has very little detail.
Browsers typically use 72 dpi (the bare minimum, so images are lighter and can load faster), and while your image might look okay on your screen, we're talking painting kits here. Always go for the highest dpi & size possible. The larger the file, the more detail we will be able to capture. Most mobile phones have 72 dpi, which is the lowest and most common, so if you don't have a raw camera file with higher dpi, try to get the maximum size (and 4000x4000 pixels image will always be better than a 700x700 pixels image).
The two images below will look almost identical at first glance:
This quick zoom test is a great tool to know how good your photo is. You can also check the image properties on your mobile or desktop. The higher dpi and the more pixels, the better. If you don't know how to check your image resolution, here's a quick guide to do so on Windows and Mac.
2 - Distance from the image subject
Pick a minimum of 36 colors. The more colors, the better your custom kit will look when it comes to portraits. You can also go for 24 colors, but detail will be reduced acccordingly.
3 - Pick the right canvas size
4 - Pick a photo with neutral lighting
- GOOD lighting. The main subject of the picture must receive light correctly. For example, you could send a selfie taken in the night if the faces are clear and lighten up! Please avoid images that are too dark as this will affect colors.
- NO instense background light. The light should always come from the camera angle.
- NO shadows on the skin. Shadows can completely change the color palette, creating dark patches.
- NO color filters! The light should be completely natural. Rephrase from using tints such as yellow, blue, purple or green, which are very popular in social media or in some photography apps.
Our custom kits are made to order and ship directly from our workshop. Each image is different, and we like to pay attention to detail when making these kits. We will need 3-5 business days to produce your painting plus shipping.
Once packaged and handed to the carrier, the shipping times below apply (in business days):
|Country or Region
|United States||7-15 days||3-7 days|
|Canada||10-15 days||3-7 days|
|Australia||10-15 days||3-7 days|
|UK||7-15 days||3-7 days|
|Europe||10-20 days||5-10 days|
Our custom kits are quite popular, and production can take longer during peak season (November-December). Please, order well in advance to avoid potential delays.
Why Canvas by Numbers?
Why Canvas by Numbers?
There are tons of paint by numbers stores. Most of them source their kits from cheap manufacturers that sell them in places such as Aliexpress or Wish. What sets up apart?
We design our kits in-house as a private label product with great attention to detail. You won't be able to buy our kits anywhere else. You might find the same image, but it won't be the same quality.
No more eye strain. Colored and clear canvases. Stay away from cheap prints!
No more creases & wasting time ironing the canvas. We shipped all our canvases rolled in a hard tube, never folded.
Paints storage box provided. Tidy and organized. Did we mention that our kits go up to 28 colors?
Gorgeous packaging. Which one would you give as a gift?
Why Paint by Numbers?
Why Paint by Numbers?
GORGEOUS HANDMADE ARTWORK
Using our art kits, you can create stunning, handmade paintings to decorate your home —no formal training required! Even a complete beginner can create masterpieces with Paint by Numbers.
HONE YOUR PAINTING SKILLS
Paint by Numbers kits are an excellent way for new artists to build confidence. With each kit, you’ll be able to practice your brush handling and get a feel for working on canvas.
RELAXING INDOOR ACTIVITY
Great for a rainy day, these art kits are a fun way to pass the time when you’re stuck indoors. They’re perfect for unwinding after a stressful day at work and an easy way to keep kids entertained for hours on end.
SHARE THE FUN
Paint by Numbers for adults can be a fun social activity. Try working on a single kit in turns with a friend. They also make great gifts. Give one to a coworker, or use them as stocking stuffers for family members during the holiday season.
Need some guidance? Check our beginners' guide here.
The Canvas by Numbers Difference
There are many brands out there. We are not the cheapest, and we do not intend to be. Our motto is to focus on providing a great painting experience and putting customers first. You are going to spend quite a few hours working on your painting. Is it worth it to risk it to save a few bucks? That's up to you! However, when we create our paint by numbers kits, we like to do them right.
Does your canvas come folded? Do I need to iron it?
Not at all. Each no frame canvas is shipped rolled in a hard PVC tube so you receive it in perfect condition with zero creases. Forget about ironing the canvas?
Can I return my Canvas by Numbers kit?
Yes! If you change your mind, we will arrange the return of your kit. If there's a problem with the product, you have 60 days money-back guarantee.
Do you provide enough paints?
Absolutely, each color is measured and calibrated, so you don't need to worry about running out of paints. However, should you need additional paints, we will be more than happy to send them to you.
Where do you get your artwork from? Is it legal?
Yes, we use copyright-free images, and we license the artwork, so artists get paid with each order you place. Unfortunately, most paint by numbers businesses sell stolen artwork and undermine people's efforts to make a living from painting. With us, you are buying painting kits ethically.
Do you have any available coupons?
Yes, we do! You can always join our newsletter for 10% off your first order if you are a new customer (signup popup). For repeat customers, it is even better. You'll get 20% off your next order every time you leave a review with a picture or video!
You'll also get 5% cashback In CBN points with each order. You can then use your points balance to redeem free items and discounts.