Paint-by-number is a very relaxing craft, and the best part is you can paint beautiful masterpieces to display in your home or give as a gift, even if you’ve never painted before in your life! Whether you’re a paint-by-number expert or taking this craft up for the first time, there are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind to get the best results:
- Most kits contain acrylic paints, so lukewarm water usually works the best when cleaning brushes.
- Start at the top of your painting so the drying paint stays above the side of your hand while you paint to prevent smudging. Paint the smallest areas first, then the medium-sized, followed by the largest areas. Try to paint with one color at a time if possible and let areas dry completely before painting neighboring sections. Remember to wash your brush completely when changing to a new color.
- Fill in very small areas by dipping the end of a toothpick in the desired paint color and “dotting” in the area on the canvas.
- Use enough paint so the numbers don’t show through, but not so much paint that it runs into other areas.
- Use a magnifying glass and paint in a well-lit area to make sure you complete your painting accurately.If you have to mix certain colors, mix small amounts at a time so you don’t waste too much paint. Darken the color by simply adding a small amount of the darkest paint color you were instructed to mix.
Sounds great, right? All you need now is a great paint by numbers kit to apply all this knowledge. Check out our Best Sellers to find great suggestions,or browse my personal favorite, the Alphonse Mucha paint by numbers collection.
If you have any questions send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to help.